Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Funny Microbe Pictures

This is brain cell. Right now he wants to throw a frisbee. Brain cell is what sparked my interest of giant microbes, which are giant germs or other microscopic things from all over the world, like rubella, measles, scum. This is the story of my fascination of giant microbes. i went to the science store in manayunk (a neighborhood near where I live,) I saw this cool microbe called brain cell and I loved it so much. I wanted to get it for my birthday, but instead I got it in my Easter basket. Brain cells are also called neurons, which live in your head and everyone uses them for thinking. If you get madcow (another microbe that i have,) your brain gets DESTROYED!!



This photo is titled "Microbe Family Tree."




This is scum. Scum is a microbe that hangs onto rocks at the seashore. It is a kind of algae. If you find any algae at the seashore, it might be scum, or the microbe algae.


Here is mad cow on a bike. He always likes driving around the backyard. Another name for mad cow is bovine spongiform encephalopathy. The funny thing about the giant microbe mad cow is that it has black and white spots and udders like a real cow. The actual microbe, mad cow, does not have black and white spots and udders.

3 comments:

Ceci said...

This blog is super informative! I LOVE IT! The author of this blog is very helpful to my knowledge about microbes.

bengrim said...

funny, some times i feel like a mad cow when im riding my bike. loving the "family tree" picture also. the caption makes it for me. i would like to see more from this blogger, seems to take some long breaks between posts. i know some other people like that. hope to see some scum this summer at the beach. hooray for victors blog of science.

Wendy's Brother said...

Victor! I love these pictures. I especially love that brain cell with the frisbees. Brain cells seem to want to do everything, don't they?